Universal governor apparatus
The set-up is designed to study the working of different governors normally used to control the speed. It consists of a main spindle, mounted vertically on the base plate. This spindle is driven by a variable speed Motor which is also mounted vertically on the same base plate. Anyone governor assembly out of four can be mounted on spindle. Speed control unit controls the spindle speed. A graduated scale is fitted to the sleeve to measure the displacement.
Determination of characteristic curve of a sleeve position against speed of rotation for all governors
- To study the effect of varying the mass of the center sleeve in Porter and Proell Governor
- To study the effect of varying the initial spring compression in Hartnell Governor
- To study the determination of characteristics curves of radius of rotation against controlling force (Actual & Theoretical) for all governors
- Power Supply: 230 V AC, Single Phase.
- Floor Space: 1.5 x 1.5 m
- Tachometer to find out RPM
No-5309/27, Punjabi Mohalla, Ambala Cantt, Haryana, 133001, India