For studying the concepts of electrostatics. The kit is designed to be used with the electroscope, which while being suitable for general work, also enables comparative measurements to be made on the activity of weak radio-active materials. The electroscope has an internal transparent scale divided in degrees. Removable glass panels are provided at the front and back, one clear and one ground. An insulated bush is fitted into the top of the case, which supports the metal hanger to which the metal leaf may be attached, and a 4mm socket earthing terminal is fitted at the side of the case. Two interchangeable electrodes are supplied, a 50mm disc on a peg and an elongated hook, which may be removed after charging, by using an insulating rod, thus isolating the gold leaf mount, reducing its capacity and increasing the sensitivity of the electroscope for radioactivity experiments. The kit comprises:
· 1 Electroscope with top plate and hook electrode.
· 1 Packet of metal foil leaves.
· Small expanded polystyrene spheres.
· 1 Reel of very fine nylon thread.
· 2 Polythene plates 75mm square.
· 1 Electrophorus plate 50mm diameter with an insulating handle.
· 1 Proof plane, a metal disc on an insulating handle.
· 2 Aluminum cylinders 50mm × 25mm diameter.
· 1 Polythene strip 150 × 25mm.
· 1 Cotton rubber for above.Instruction Manual.
No-5309/27, Punjabi Mohalla, Ambala Cantt, Haryana, 133001, India