DROPWISE / FILMWISE CONDENSATION APPARATUS
Heat exchanger is devices in which heat is transferred from one fluid to another. The apparatus consists of a concentric tube heat exchanger. Hot water flows through inner tube in one direction only and cold water flows over the inner tube in outer tube. Direction of cold fluid flow can be changed from parallel or counter to hot water so that unit can be operated as parallel or counter flow heat exchanger. Flow rates of hot and cold water are measured using Rotameters. A magnetic drive pump is used to circulate the hot water from a re-cycled type water tank, which is fitted with heaters and Digital Temperature Controller.
- To calculate the following parameters both for parallel and Counter flow arrangement.
- To find the rate of heat transfer
- To calculate the LMTD Overall heat transfer co-efficient.
- To compare the performance of Parallel and Counter flow heat exchanger
- Water supply 10 lit/min (approx.) and drain
- Electricity Supply: 1Phase, 220 V AC, 3 kW
- Floor area 2 m x 0.6m
No-5309/27, Punjabi Mohalla, Ambala Cantt, Haryana, 133001, India