Journal bearing apparatus
The apparatus consists of a plain steel shaft excavated in a bearing and directly driven by a FHP Motor. The bearing is freely supported on the shaft and sealed at the motor end. The speed of the motor is controlled accurately by the speed control unit and it can be made run in both directions. Twelve equal-spaced pressure taping around the circumference and four along the axis are provided and are connected to manometer by PU Tubing so that the pressure head of oil in all tubes can be observed at a time. The bearing can be loaded by attaching weights to the arm supported beneath it.
- To study the pressure profile of lubricating oil at various conditions of load and speed
- Plotting the Cartesian polar pressure curves
- To measure the frictional torque and power transmit
- Electric supply : 230 V AC, Single Phase.
- Bench area : 1.5 x 1.5 x 4 m
- Tachometer to find out RPM of journal
- Oil SAE 40 about 5 Ltrs.
No-5309/27, Punjabi Mohalla, Ambala Cantt, Haryana, 133001, India